Meeting Time: Meetings will be held from 3:30 to 5 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month at the Anchorage Chamber board room.
Mission Statement: To monitor relevant issues affecting the local business community, and help develop responses to such issues.
Susan Jensen (co-chair), Bayshore Clubhouse
Brian Franklin (co-chair), Frontier Tutoring
Art Clark, Broker
Lydia Garcia, NEA/ Alaska
John Weddleton, Bosco's
Melissa Bassham, Nine Star Enterprises
PROGRAM OF WORK
- Responsible for the Anchorage Chamber advocacy program related to municipal business including development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Responsible for considering the needs of our members and the municipality priorities of the board.
- Responsible for researching and monitoring progress of all proposed legislation in the municipality and state arenas relevant to our mission of advancing a successful business climate
- Prioritizes proposed legislation on which the Anchorage Chamber can have a significant impact, creates an advocacy strategy, and makes recommendations to the board.
- Inventory and review priorities relevant to the Municipality of Anchorage.
- Consider the need to survey membership for municipal issues of concern.
- Develop municipal priorities and advocacy plan for each priority.
- Develop standard language and format for letters of support and public testimony for each priority.
- Describe action to be taken for each priority.
- Review pending legislation and prioritize based on member concerns.
- Work with staff to report to the membership the activities of the committee and how to engage on a regular basis (monthly).