- All participants in the Anchorage Chamber Citywide Cleanup program are responsible for transporting their collected trash in orange bags to Solid Waster Services via the Anchorage Regional Landfill, Girdwood Transfer Station, or Central Transfer Station.
- All loads must be secured or covered to prevent littering in transit. Uncovered loads will be subject to fines. Visit Munic.org/sws for more information, or call (907) 343-6250, Monday through Friday, 8 A.M. to 4 P.M.
- No construction or demolition debris, including remodeling waste, fence panels, decks, or sheds.
- Children under the age of 14 must remain in the vehicle while at either of the Transfer Stations or the Anchorage Regional Landfill.
- Please wear gloves, such as latex or nitrile gloves while picking up trash and an orange safety vest if cleaning roadways or intersections.
- Please be aware of private property boundaries and ask permission to clean in these areas.
- Super Sweeper Saturday will be held from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. on Saturday, April 28. Residents can take their filled orange bags from litter cleanup only to their nearest participating school. Please do not bring yard waste or household items to these sites.
- Payments may only be made with cash or local checks (with a valid driver's license), debit or credit cards are not accepted.
- All loads exceeding 1,000 lbs will be weighted and charged $58.00 a ton at the Anchorage Regional Landfill. Visit the SWS website for fees at other facilities. Scaled loads require the customer to wear a safety vest.
- There is a $20.00 charge for appliances containing freon such as refrigerators or freezers. Certifications of freon removal will be accepted in lieu of the fee.
- The commercial scales will be open at the Anchorage Regional Landfill on May 2 and May 9, and will operate under the regular fee schedule.
- Double loads (e.g., a full pick-up hauling a trailer) will be directed over the scales and fees will apply.
Residential household hazardous wastes, up to 40 lbs. per day, are accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Facility located at the Central Transfer Station and at the Hazardous Waste Facility located at the Anchorage Regional Landfill. This limit includes five gallons of waste oil, one car battery, and up to 40 lbs. of household hazardous waster per household per day.
More information, including acceptable items , facility, locations, and hours can be found on the SWS website under "Hazardous Materials Management"
Although the Hazardous Waste Facility at the Anchorage Regional Landfill will be open on Free Dump Days, it is recommended that residents utilize this facility on a regular operating day.
BAG PICK-UP LOCATIONS
Please note that only two (2) bags per person will be given out at Fred Meyer locations, for large cleanup teams in need of more bags please register your team to reserve large orders.
Anchorage Chamber of Commerce
1016 West Sixth Avenue, Suite 303
2300 Abbott Road
1000 East Northern Lights Boulevard
7701 Debarr Road
Fred Meyer (Eagle River)
13401 Old Glenn Highway
2000 West Dimond Boulevard