For more than 60 years, the “Make it Monday” forum has been providing business with educational opportunities. From industry updates, municipal and government reports, to economic forecasts and new industry outlooks, the Monday Forum covers it all.
More than 40 luncheons are held each year, with attendance ranging from 50 to 200 each week. In addition to new member spotlights, What’s Happening Anchorage episodes, door prizes, updates from the non-profit sector, and reports from the Anchorage School District’s School Business Partnership, the Monday Forum is much more than an educational event. It is member appreciation and recognition.
This weekly event is held from noon to 1 pm on Mondays, commonly at the Dena’ina and Egan Centers. Doors open at 11:30 am for lunch, allowing members a brief opportunity to network. Media is often in attendance, as many presentations are news-worthy topics that affect all Alaskans.
THANK YOU TO OUR MONDAY FORUM SPONSOR:
- 1/8 - Improving Anchorage’s Economy and Community by Increasing Graduation Rates (link coming soon)
- 11/6/17 - Vision for Vibrant Downtown - Anchorage Downtown Partnership
- 10/16/17 - Childhood Hunger in Anchorage
- 8/21/17 - Alaska's Arctic - Change, Challenge and Choices
- 6/26/17 - New Member Intro Presentation: Castable Ceramics
- 6/26/17 - BP Statistical Review of World Energy
- 5/15/17 - Alaska's Infrastructure Report Card
- 4/24/17 - Attracting and Retaining the Best Anchorage Workforce
- 4/17/17 - SBA Export Guaranty Loan Programs and EXIM Bank Programs & Services
- 4/10/17 - Alaska Chamber: Working for Alaska Business
- 3/13/17 - US Army Corps of Engineers Update
- 2/27/17 - Leveraging Child Care for Business & Economic Growth
- 1/9/17 - Why Alaska's Merit-Based Judicial Selection System is Good for Business
- 12/19/16 - Alaska Moving Forward: Delivering Natural Gas to the World
- 12/12/16 - Food Bank of Alaska
- 10/31/16 - Oil & Gas Update, Mythbusters Edition
- 9/12/16 - Disaster Preparedness
- 8/8/16 - Take the Leap - ASD 2015
- 8/1/16 - Municipal Light & Power: Powering Generations
- 7/11/16 - Satellite Communications for the Arctic
Event: "Make it Monday" forum
Time: Noon to 1 p.m. (doors open at 11:30 a.m.)
Date: Every Monday
Location: Please check event calendar for location
Price: General Admission: $35; Chamber Member: $30 ($32 at door); Students: $15 w/ID
RSVP: Event Calendar
Does your company have a topic to share with our members?
Monday Forum: What to ExpectArrive Early
Parking at the Dena'ina Center and Egan Center can take time to coordinate. Leave work a few minutes early to find a good parking spot. Keep in mind -- most downtown parking meters timeout at 1 hour. Check out downtown parking spots before heading to the presentation. Best bets: JCPenney parking garage.
Run of Show
Doors open each week for lunch at 11:30 am and concludes at 1 pm. Please check-in with front desk staff. There are coat racks out front for your convenience. Once inside, ask a staff member to help you find a good seat and direct you to lunch service. Staff will be happy to introduce you to seasoned Monday Forum guests. Presentations begin promptly at Noon.
Dress attire for the Monday Forum is business casual. Please, no outside food or drink inside the Monday Forum. Cell phones should be turned to off, silent or vibrate at noon.
Between 60 to 110 people attend the Monday Forum each week. Bring business cards to hand out to other guests, ensuring maximum business exposure at one of Anchorage's longest-running and popular business luncheons.
If you'd like to donate a door prize to the Monday Forum, please contact Tosha (see info below).