2017 Alaska Young Professionals Summit
AboutAfter the great success of 2016, the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s Young Professional’s Group (YPG) is proud to host the second annual statewide summit this spring for young professionals in Alaska’s workforce.
The Chamber’s YPG is the largest young professional organization in Alaska with over 400 actively engaged young professionals. This growing group is enthusiastic to prepare for another successful two-day Summit to develop our current workforce and prepare and motivate them to be better, more productive leaders and employees in our Alaskan communities.
HighlightsYPG enhances careers through social, philanthropic, and professional development activities and events. YPG aims to connect diverse young professionals across Anchorage, and create a force that will both strengthen and grow the community as we continue to attract more young professionals to live, work, play, and stay in Anchorage, Alaska.
Last year’s theme of INNOVATIVE LEADERSHIP will be continued into 2017 as there is still a lot of territory to cover!
The Summit will host immersive workshops and compelling seminars presented by successful and experienced government, business, and community leaders, and other experts in their field. Programs and events are geared towards all levels of employees and executives, and welcomes professionals of all industries. You can expect to see the following topics included in the Summit: Entrepreneurship, Corporate and Strategic Planning, Business Development, Innovation and Technology, Young Professionals 101, Diversifying Resources, and other engaging and educational tracks.
Last years’ attendees proved to be a diverse group of young professionals coming from all different industry backgrounds and disciplines from across Alaska. This Summit has generated extremely positive feedback in awareness campaigns and surveys, and projects a minimum of 200 participants to this much-anticipated conference.
Listed below are sponsorship opportunities available for the Alaska Young Professionals Summit. Please share this with your board, management, and fellow employees. Sponsoring this conference is a great way to get your name, brand, and message out in front of hundreds of motivated millennials!
- Official Young Professionals Summit Sponsor ($10,000)
- Platinum Sponsor ($7,500) Gold Sponsor ($5,000 each)
- Silver Sponsor ($2,500)
- Reception Sponsor ($1,500)
- Coffee Break Sponsor ($1,000 each)
- Buy A Booth ($500 each)
- Presenter (Inquire within)
- In-Kind Donations (Conference Supplies, Door Prizes)
“Make it Monday” Forum
For more than 60 years, the Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s “Make it Monday” forum has been providing business educational opportunities. From industry updates, municipal and government reports, to economic forecasts and new industry outlooks, the Monday Forum covers it all. More than 40 luncheons are held each year, with about one hundred members attending each week. Throw in new member spotlights, door prizes, Green Star Awards, updates from the nonprofit sector, and reports from the Anchorage School District’s School Business Partnership, the Monday Forum is much more than an educational event, it is member appreciation and recognition.
This weekly event is held from noon to 1 pm on Mondays, commonly at the Dena’ina and Egan Centers. Doors open at 11:30 am for lunch, allowing members a brief opportunity to network. In previous years, members received updates from several resource development industry leaders, Alaska’s elected delegates, economy experts, and a slew of other useful topics from all sectors of Anchorage business. Media is often in attendance as many presentations are news worthy topics that affect all Alaskans.
Exclusive Forum Sponsorship: $5,000 per quarter
• Company name/logo placement on all publicity materials, including News & Events and “Make it Monday” forum e-news
• Recognition by board chair during opening remarks at each forum
• Pre-event PowerPoint recognition
• Company banner displayed at event
• Recognition on AnchorageChamber.org
• Ability to display marketing material on attendee tables
• Ability to speak for two minutes prior to the presentation, may speak up to two times during quarter
• Lunch punch card (10 complimentary lunches, $280 Value)
• Opportunities to air commercials or short videos before the event begins
Technology Sponsorship: In-kind
• Benefits commensurate with sponsorship
Business After Hours
The Anchorage Chamber’s Business After Hours event provides an opportunity for members to mingle in a relaxed atmosphere while developing new business contacts. As a host, your business gains exposure by providing a fun and informative setting to Anchorage’s networking crowd. After more than 40 years, it has grown to be one of the business community’s most popular activities.
This event is held the third Thursday of every month, except December, at a different business host location. The Anchorage Chamber Ambassador Council provides event support and volunteers to help host the event.
On average, more than 100 business professionals attend this event each month. Attendees range from executives of large companies to small business owners and include long-standing and new members. In 2015, business hosts ranged from YMCA, Alaska Small Business Development Center, The Arc of Anchorage and Verizon.
Business After Hours Host: $1000 per event
• Company name/logo placement on all publicity materials, including News & Events and Business After Hours e-news
• Recognition on AnchorageChamber.org
• Ability to display marketing material at event
• Verbal announcement at the “Make it Monday” forum, the week prior to the event
• A set of mailing labels ($100 value) and nearly 600 invitation postcards at no additional cost
• RSVPs coordinated by the Anchorage Chamber
• All business cards collected at the event will be made available to you
• Anchorage Chamber Ambassadors are available to greet and welcome your guests
• Opportunity to provide door prizes
Chamber Academy offers two-hour professional development seminars on topics ranging from advanced networking to taking legislative action on issues important to your business. Leading professionals from the Anchorage area will present at each seminar, encouraging group participation and open discussion.
• This event is held monthly at the Anchorage Chamber boardroom from Noon to 1 pm and includes lunch.
• The cost of this event is $10 for members and $20 for non-members.
• This event is limited to up to 30 attendants. With an educational focus, this event also is a great networking platform for new and existing Anchorage Chamber members
Quarterly Sponsorship (three seminars per quarter total): $900
• Extensive website recognition (front page, calendar, Chamber Academy page)
• Social media recognition (reaching over 3,500 individuals)
• Email invite and E-news recognition (reaching over 2,500 individuals)
• 2 seats for sponsor representatives and the option to give opening/closing remarks
• Opportunity to display marketing material on attendee tables
The Anchorage Chamber’s Member Orientation is an opportunity for members to learn more from Anchorage Chamber staff and board members about their investment with Alaska’s No. 1 business organization. Discover how the Anchorage Chamber got its start, our mission today and how you can get involved, all while networking with other Anchorage Chamber members.
• This event is held quarterly at the Anchorage Chamber board room with light food and refreshments.
• The cost of this event is included in your membership.
• On average, up to 40 business professionals attend this event. With an educational focus, this event is a great networking platform for new and existing Anchorage Chamber members.
Monthly Sponsorship: $300 or in-kind donation*
• Company name/logo placement on all publicity materials, including News & Events
• Company logo recognition on AnchorageChamber.org
• Company logo recognition in e-mail invite
• Verbal recognition during opening remarks
• Ability to distribute marketing material at the event
• Ability to speak for two minutes during event
• Exclusive opportunity to provide door prizes
*In-kind donation: Donate food and drinks for 40 people.